Yesterday, WordPress 3.4.2 has been officially released and is available for download. Nothing new to announce for this release but several bugs fixed and also som really important Security patches.
Here is a list of the updates for this Maintenance and Security release:
- Fix some issues with older browsers in the administration area.
- Fix an issue where a theme may not preview correctly, or its screenshot may not be displayed.
- Improve plugin compatibility with the visual editor.
- Address pagination problems with some category permalink structures.
- Avoid errors with both oEmbed providers and trackbacks.
- Prevent improperly sized header images from being uploaded.
Version 3.4.2 also fixes a few security issues and contains some security hardening. The vulnerabilities included potential privilege escalation and a bug that affects multisite installs with untrusted users. These issues were discovered and fixed by the WordPress security team.
Get ready for 3.5!